Friday, January 10, 2014

Expectations from the Class

I am expecting a number of things from TINST 475, such as combination of technology and business. I am also looking forward to listening more from professor and guests about their experiences. This is a little different kind of class for me, as I do not think of myself as an entrepreneur kind of person. I am from a very uncertainty avoidance community.  I like clear cut thing, not a big fan of roller coaster rides that entrepreneurs like.

First thing first, I am very excited about the professor’s background of entrepreneurship. Additionally, the guest speakers are successful entrepreneurs from their own industry. They say the only good way to learn is from real mistakes, real experience, and real life disappointments.  There are two ways to do that, either try it all by yourself OR listen to others mistakes and learn from them.  This opportunity is a huge.

Secondly, the combination of technology with the entrepreneurship is becoming big in reality. We see YouTube, blogs, etc. used more and more by entrepreneurs as part of starting out or establishes them. Also, being in business school I have seen a lot of bits and pieces of business plans. I am also excited to do one from start to end (combine marketing, finance, etc.).

Finally, I am looking forward to establishing the confidence to say that I might be not that bad at it. I will be able to better control my fear factor about the trade. I definitely expect to gain more confidence once I see the business plan and feel that it is tool to avoid uncertainty. Maybe I will learn that roller coaster ride can be fun once in a while if not every time. Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment